Step away from the Banana skins – Our Sunday Top tips
What are the most common things we see in clinic?
- Try to avoid cutting nails too short. We recommend toenails to be in line with the very top of the toes.
Heel pain – plantar fascia pain
- Icing the heel plus a deep heel cup supportive shoe.
- Such as achilles pain – Sometimes even just a heel lift can assist to reduce the tension in a painful achilles.
- For rolled ankles these can be more complex and do need rehabilitation in many instances.
Fear not! We can provide you with specific rehabilitation programmes and advice specific to you.
- Step away from the banana skins these do not work. However (i) regular daily sock and shoe changes, (ii) spraying feet with clinisept+ and (iii) where appropriate drying the non-affected foot first are all excellent things to do.
- Flip flops 🩴worn around swimming pools, the only time a podiatrist will ever suggest this type of foot wear.
Big toe – bunion pain
- A simple exercise – keep feet hip width apart, wrapping a band across both your big toes. Also, keep heels firmly on floor then pivoting on heels stretching the toes apart from each other – could be your very first port of call!
We would recommend twenty reps once or twice a day just to get things moving.
‘prevention is better than cure’
If you are having a tough time with ingrown toenails/heel pain/ankle pain/verrucas/bunion, we can provide the right consultation and treatment for you. Schedule an appointment here or you may call us at 44 (0) 207 101 4000. 📞
We hope you have a FEEtastic day! 👣☀️
-The Chelsea Clinic and Team