With Summer in full throttle and allowing your feet to escape the sweaty confines of shoes here a just a few tips for sandals we like;
- Any Sandals that are too flimsy or ‘flippy floppy’ are not great. Check the inside of the Sandal: Does it appear well constructed? Does the inner sole provide you with good cushioning and arch support? Check there’s no tightness or pinching anywhere when the straps are done up, and that they stay put as you walk. Do your heels hang over the back of the sole? Does your foot spill over the sides? Ideally, the soles should have a bounce and not be too stiff under your feet as you move.
- Anything too flat can put a strain on your heels, Achilles, and knees. So choose sandals with heels that provide stability and support. There are some brands out there that seem to thrive on a virtually non-existent heel and outsole– try to avoid it if at all possible. Even ask the shoe consultants’ advice before purchasing if necessary.
- Try to go to the shoe shops in person–although internet shopping is taking over the world. When you try sandals and shoes on going to the shoe shop in person allows you to get an instant feel. Trying the sandals on, walking up and down the shop, take a peek at your posture in the mirrors and get an overall idea if these particular sandals fit your own unique foot shape and size. You also can instantly assess the quality which may not always measure up when buying online. Birkenstock, Salome, Schuh and TOMS also manufacture vegan sandals too.
- How active are you?– the best summer sandals share many qualities lightweight, water-compatible, well ventilated, and good traction (non-slip). However, some styles/brands outperform others in certain areas. Assess which qualities are most relevant to your summer lifestyle and choose sandals accordingly.
- Brand reputation–as with all products and services there are so many brands now available with different attributes. However for great walking sandals check out: Clarks Tri-walk, Keen Footwear, Merrell, Vionic and Teva to name but a few!
Are you suffering from this condition? One of our podiatrist can assist and then recommend what treatment options are best to get you back on track. ✅
Schedule an appointment here or you may call us at 44 (0) 207 101 4000. 📞
We hope you have a feetastic day! 👣☀️
-The Chelsea Clinic and Team