Keeping Your Feet Jolly This Christmas
During the festive season, it’s essential to take care of our feet especially with increased activities, gatherings and changes in weather.
There’s no denying that our feet are one (or more precisely two) of the most important bits of kit on a walking holiday.
Christmas is almost here and if we want the season to be merry and bright for our feet, we have to be mindful about how to protect and care for them throughout the holidays.
In keeping with Christmas, essential Oils such as Lavender, Rosemary and Frankincense oils are great for supporting healthy nails. With these oils, we can improve the appearance of our toenails and fingernails supporting health, strength and shine.
Here are some Christmassy foot care tips to keeping your feet healthy and happy
- Proper Foot Hygiene: Wash your feet daily with warm water and mild soap, ensuring to dry them thoroughly especially between the toes to prevent fungal infections like athlete’s foot.
- Moisturize: Keep your feet hydrated by applying a moisturizing cream to prevent dry, cracked skin and heels. Avoid applying lotion between the toes to prevent moisture buildup, which can lead to fungal infections.
- Wear Appropriate Footwear: Choose comfortable shoes that provide adequate support, cushioning and space for your toes. Avoid shoes that are too tight, narrow or have high heels, as they can lead to foot pain, bunions or other issues.
- Foot Exercises: Perform regular foot exercises to strengthen the muscles, improve flexibility and maintain overall foot health. Simple exercises like toe curls, ankle circles, or stretching the calf muscles can be beneficial.
- Trim Nails Carefully: Cut toenails straight across to prevent ingrown toenails. Avoid cutting them too short or rounding the edges, as this can lead to ingrown nails or infections.
- Inspect Your Feet Regularly: Check your feet regularly for any signs of cuts, blisters, sores or changes in skin color or texture. Early detection of foot issues can help prevent complications.
Are you suffering from any foot condition? At The Chelsea Clinic, we can help. One of our podiatrist can assist and then recommend what treatments are best to get you back on track. Podiatrist South Kensington
Schedule an appointment here or you may call us at +44 (0) 207 101 4000.
We hope you have a feetastic day!
-The Chelsea Clinic and Team