How can you protect yourself from nail fungus?
If you don’t pay much attention to your nails — or if you wear lots of colourful polish — you might not notice the arrival of an unwelcome visitor – fungus!
Preventing toenail fungus may not be at the top of your to-do list, but perhaps it should be! Fungal infections are contagious, so you can get another one.
Sandal season or not, toenail fungus typically isn’t what you want to see when you look at your feet.
So here are some tips how can you protect yourself from nail fungus:
- Wear sliders or shower sandals when walking in warm, moist areas like gyms, locker rooms, spas, public showers, and pools.
- Put on a clean pair of socks every day and whenever your socks get sweaty.
- Avoid going barefoot in public areas.
- If you just finished treating nail fungus, throw away shoes, boots, skates, and other footwear you wore before you started treatment.
- Never share nail clippers, shoes, skates, towels, and other personal items.
- Sanitize your nail clipper before using them.
- Keep your feet clean and dry.
- Moisturize your feet skin.”Prevention is important because once the fungal infection gets into the nail, it becomes much more difficult to treat.” Also, getting rid of a toenail fungal infection can be difficult because it can be resistant to treatment, which can take months.
Are you suffering from foot/nail fungus? One of our chiropodist/podiatrist can assist and then recommend what treatment options are best to get you back on track. ✅
Schedule an appointment here or you may call us at 44 (0) 207 101 4000. 📞
We hope you have a feetastic day! 👣☀️
-The Chelsea Clinic and Team