Here are 5 Fascinating Facts about your Feet
There’s a lot of study in the two small packages of our body we call our feet. And it’s not surprising when you consider the very important function that they do in supporting our entire body. Hence, we’ve put together some of the most interesting foot facts – everything you didn’t know about your two awesome feet.
- Wearing socks to bed to keep your feet warm, makes it easier for you to fall asleep. Warming the feet increases the blood flow – but not if you have fungus!
- Feet are at their largest at the end of the day and the average foot gets two sizes longer when you stand up. And it’s rare that two feet are exactly the same; one of them is often larger than the other. You should buy shoes #eachfootunique for the larger one.
- Compared to fingernails which grow at an average of 0.1mm each day, toenails grow much slowly; at about 1mm per month. It takes at least minimum 9 months to grow an entirely new toenail alot more as we age. Both fingernails and toenails grow faster during hot weather, pregnancy and teenage years. #gogrowandglow
- One of the reasons your feet can go the distance, is because the thickest skin is found on the soles of your feet (and the palms of your hands)! #throughthickandthin
- Is your second toe longer than your big toe? Don’t panic, you’re not alone – the Statue of Liberty is the same! This is known as Morton’s syndrome or Morton’s toe, and is also called Greek toe, because it is commonly seen in the statues of ancient Greece. #famousfeet
Feet are vital for everyday life and are also prone to change and damage. We should love our two feettastic feet as much as we love other parts of our body. Also, feet are good indicators of our general health. Abnormalities or pain in the feet can often signal more serious health conditions. So take care of them well and seek advice whenever you are not sure. Hope this has given you an appreciation for these amazing parts of our body.
Are you planning to have a foot check-up? One of our podiatrists can assist and evaluate your foot condition and recommend you with a treatment suitable for you. ✅
We hope you have a feetastic day! 👣☀️
-The Chelsea Clinic and Team