5 Actions to Prevent Type 2 Diabetes
There are many complications of diabetes! Diabetes complications can affect your nervous system, heart, skin, eyes and kidneys. Having poor blood circulation and nerve damage are two of the biggest diabetes complications that podiatrists concern about. PAD refers to damage to blood vessels that supply your feet. It stops cuts and sores from properly healing. Peripheral Neuropathy is a condition that causes loss of sensation in the feet.
Here are 5 Actions to avoid diabetes and its foot complications:
- Get tested for prediabetes. Prediabetes occurs when your blood sugar levels are higher than normal, however not high enough yet to be identified as type 2 diabetes. It also means you’re more prone to diabetes if you’re not cautious.
- Keep active. It is suggested to have 30 minutes per day of heart rate-raising, sweat-inducing exercise like power walking.
- Quit smoking/vaping. The chemicals in vaping liquids as well as cigarettes results to blood vessel damage.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Obesity is a leading risk factor for having diabetes. Daily exercises will help you keep your weight down. Also, a mindful selections on what to eat – whole grains, fruits, and vegetables over sugary snacks and processed foods.
- Plan your meals ahead of time. Plan ahead on what you will eat maybe on a week and cook healthy foods.
Changing your lifestyle could be a great step toward diabetes prevention — and it’s never too late to begin. Making a few modifications in your lifestyle now may help you prevent the serious health complications of diabetes in the future.
Are you suffering from this condition or other foot problems? One of our podiatrist can assist and then recommend what nonsurgical treatments are best to get you back on track. ✅ At The Chelsea Clinic, we offer bunion treatment.
Schedule an appointment here or you may call us at +44 (0) 207 101 4000. 📞
We hope you have a feetastic day! 👣☀️
-The Chelsea Clinic and Team